Monday 21 January 2013

Southerner - TRENT DABBS

 
 
I have to 'fess up and say that I had never heard of Trent Dabbs, let alone any of his music, before this album fell on my lap. I am exceedingly pleased that it did. Based in Nashville, he's been making albums since 2004 and this, released in 2011, is his sixth album (there has been a seventh since). 
 
 
Again I'll be honest and say that, having listened to his earlier stuff since hearing this, I wasn't in any great rush to purchase anything. This album, however, is a different kettle of fish to his previous albums and was easily one of the best albums of 2011
 
 
It’s beautifully mixed, laced with ghostly backing vocals, piano flourishes, and Trent’s easy, emotive voice is never lost in the shuffle or the heavy drum sound. I do have his latest album, and its growing on me, but this is a stone classic
 
 
Neil Young
 
 
 
 
Follow Suit
 
 
 
 
Don't Blame Love
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment